• Welcome to the Examinations area of the Castle View website. Here, you will find information about our examinations results as well as useful information for students taking examination courses and examination timetables.
- • 84% of students gained the expected progress in English with 79% achieving an A*-C grade in Literature.
- • Students achieved fantastic results in the sciences with 100% A*-C in Physics, 79% A*-C in Biology and 74% A*-C in Chemistry.
- • In GCSE Dance, students achieved 80% A*-C with 40% achieving a B or better grade.
- • There were some good results in PE with 65% achieving an A*-C grade.
- Progress 8 Score: -0.40
Attainment 8 Score: 43.6
Students achieving a good pass in English and Mathematics: 47%
Students achieving the Ebacc: 6%
• Head teacher, Mr Durkin commented:
“I am really pleased for the young people and staff of Castle View and it was a pleasure to see the students open their envelopes and able to start the next part of their journey with confidence. It is exciting times for Castle View – I am looking forward to working with the students, staff and community to ensure Castle View continues to provide a learning environment that produces bright, articulate and confident young people of the future. We are forging ever stronger links with schools such as King John for the benefit of our students – sharing ideas, resources and expertise and we have a number of new colleagues joining the school in September. Everything we do will be for the best interest of our students.”
• Click here to view performance table statistics published on the GOV.UK website
‘GCSE examination results are published on Thursday 24 August 2017; Castle View School will be open from 10.30 am until midday for students to collect their examination results ‘