Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Funding 2016/17
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in Reading or Mathematics at the end of the key stage 2 (KS2). There are 74 pupils below the expected standard in reading and 75 pupils below the expected standard in Mathematics. There are 57 pupils below standard in both.
In 2016/17 the school is expected to receive £20,000 for the catch-up premium (based on 2015/2016 allocation)
This funding will be used to:
- Provide extra adult support in lower sets for English and Mathematics lessons.
- Small group tuition for personalised support in literacy and numeracy.
- Running the reading program.
- Support year 6 to year 7 transition and summer school program.
- Part of funding allocated to personalised and home learning through Doddle website.
- Part of funding allocated to accelerated reader program.
The expected impact will be for all pupils in this group to make progress towards the expected standard in English and Mathematics.