- If your child is going to be absent, please inform the school between 8.00am – 9.00am on the morning of absence by calling the school’s absence number on 07818202681. Texts to this number will not be accepted as notification of absence.
- All absence will be recorded as unauthorised unless it is supported by medical evidence such as an appointment card, hospital letter or copy of any medication prescribed in relation to the absence.
- Attendance Codes Explained
- Your child should arrive at school by 8.25am in order to get to their classroom for the start of the day at 8.30am. Any child arriving after 8.30am will be classed as late to school and will be receiving a half hour detention at lunchtime on the same day.
- If a leave of absence is to be taken, please fill in a leave of absence form. These are available to collect from myself, Main Reception and Student Reception. These forms are to be handed back to myself or your child’s Student Support Officer and they will be dealt with accordingly. If you have any evidence to support your leave of absence and feel it necessary to send this in then please do so. We will inform you if your absence has been authorised.
As you are aware your child’s attendance at school is extremely important and is directly linked to their overall attainment.
Due to the level of importance surrounding student’s attendance, the school takes this very seriously and has procedures in place in order to encourage and support good attendance. Our target as a school and for each student is 96%. Poor attendance can have a significant impact on the progress of each student. Please see below a guide to learning hours lost due to absence.