As you are no doubt aware, many institutions are now moving away from accepting cash and cheques as payments for goods and services.
For some time now, Castle View School has used the ParentPay system as a means for Parents and Carers to pay for school meals, trips and other items via this online system.
There are a range of advantages in using a cashless system, for Parents, students and staff at the school, some of which are detailed below:
- You can be assured that dinner money is actually being spent on a school meal rather than unhealthy snacks on the way to school. Our catering system allows you to monitor purchases and healthy choices.
- Cash is not lost on the way to school
- No need to go to the bank/cashpoint to get cash out
- Convenient – you log into your account 24 hours per day to suit your lifestyle/other commitments
- Refunds can be automatically returned to your ParentPay account.
For those students who are entitled to receive a free school meal, the ParentPay system will credit their account on a daily basis with the price of a main meal. If the meal is not taken, the allowance will be automatically removed at the end of the lunch time period. We would encourage all parents who think they may be entitled to register for free school meals to do so. Your child will not be identified in any way to their peers as receiving the allowance and the school can access pupil premium funding to support in a number of ways.
We have available within the school ‘revaluation machines’ – these can be used to top up accounts for the purchase of refreshments from the catering areas. However, if you choose to use this method, you will not be able to view any food purchases that your child has made.
The Finance Office does accept cash or cheques to pay for school trips, other items and school meals.
If you are unable to access the internet or you wish to discuss an alternative method, please contact the Finance Office.